Testing All Mats & Cables
Before any installation of your underfloor heating some basic tests should be carried out on the mat to ensure it is in good working order.
- The cold tail should be stripped back a few centimeters and the cores of the cable exposed as per picture.
- An insulation resistance test carried out between the brown (live) and blue (neutral) to earth, this verifies that no damage or short is on the mat.
- A resistance test should then be carried out using an ohmeter between the brown (live) and the blue (neutral) this verifies that a return path is present a simple calculation using ohms law will guide you to the resistace you will obtain. Voltage divided by the current of the mat will give you the approximate resistance which you will read.
- Once the readings are satisfactory install your underfloor heating.
- When this is complete i.e. the mat or loose cable are in position carry out steps 2 and 3 to check no damage has occured during installation.
- Once you have your finished surface complete i.e. floor tiles or other flooring, steps 2 and 3 should again be done this ensures no damage has occured to the heating elements of underfloor heating during surface installation.
- A technical help desk is available to help you with any issues you may have.